2015/12/26

Cosplay with tattoos and piercings?


I've heard from many cosplayers that they would take tattoos IF they didn't cosplay - and yeah, that is something I want to talk about. I've seen there are many kinds of people when it comes to cosplay and deciding which traits are more ''successful'' or better suited to copy some already existing characters. And that doesn't include tattoos or piercings if that character doesn't own one. But that doesn't make it wrong for you to have any of them. 

We all have our own opinions and visions about how we want to do everything and that's alright. I have lot of tattoos and it would be a pain to start searching for some character who's costume would cover them all. But I think I don't have any need for that. Some people also cover their tattoos with make-up and that's also okay but I wouldn't do that because it takes so much time and I'd be too stressed about ruining my costumes or something because of some huge mass of foundations and stuff. Most importantly I don't have any need to cover something I've wanted so much that I engaged to keep them with me everyday of my life. 

I've still heard from many people that they wanted tattoos very much but cosplay is preventing them from taking some. But that's not the thing in my opinion, because we all know: Cosplay does not have rules. Still I understand what they're meaning with it - but don't let your precious hobby to take anything away from you! 

Also look at all these great tattooed cosplayers! I don't see their tattoos making them less cosplayers at all - they look amazing! 

From left to right: Vera Baby, Shamandalie & Envy Us

And all the same things go for piercings. I have one piercing on my face and my lobes are stretched to 16mm. They are the things I myself try to make less visible sometimes, but I don't see it as obligatory. Making piercings less visible is pretty easy with piercings designed for 'not to be seen'. I don't know what they're called in English but many of them look something like this:


I have skin-colored plugs for cosplays where my ears are seen more, but I use them pretty rarely because they also make my lobes look kinda odd because they're although so large. So I prefer putting on some white plugs so it's more obvious I have stretched lobes but the plugs aren't so ''wild-looking'' haha. I have this transparent banana piercing too to put on my lip but I have cut it shorter so it wont be seen at all.

SO LONG STORY SHORT: There's nothing wrong having piercings and/or tattoos to be good cosplayer even though there are ways to cover them. And any hobby shouldn't prevent you for doing/having something you want. Cosplay doesn't have any rules! ♥

Do you have any thoughts about this theme?

No comments :

Post a Comment