2016/05/16

Oh I've forgotten // Airfield Princess


  
I really did forgot to talk about Desucon FROSTBITE which was in JANUARY? How come it took me half a year to make a post about my Airfield Princess (aka. Hikoujoki) cosplay even tho' I made a promise to tell something about my progress? Anyways, better late than never! I also finished my Allen Walker -costume at time but I was too lazy to wear it at Sunday of con, so maybe I'm gonna get it photoshooted some other time. But what I'm gonna share with you now is some Work in progress - photos of my Airfield Princess!

Here's the reference. Screenshot from the anime and concept art of the game. 


Materials I used were the good old ones - EVA foam and craft foam as you can see! Black parts in the costume seemed pretty dimensional so I decided to work with two different thickness of EVA and cut out all the edges so the different pieces will look smoother together. 

The "robot"hand or what you like to call it, is simply made of craft foam alone, glued onto a glove. Airfield princess has this huge tank on her hand normally, so there is alternative version of her having technical robot hand inside the weapon. I didn't make the tank myself because it would've not fit the car at all. And yeah, I was too busy to even buy black gesso haha. 


I literally glued almost all the pieces to this swimsuit-kind-of costume I made, but leaving there spots where I can use velcro tape, so the costume would be put on and take off. Also I sew the zipper on the side AND couple of buttons into my crotch because I like to have the easiest way of possible to use bathroom you know. 

But yeah, here are couple photos from the con also!

Me and Saimi as Hoppou, photo taken by Giang Le


Our Kancolle group! Photo by Matias Tukiainen

by Matias Tukiainen

2 comments :

  1. Nice to see you're back! And hey, better late than never! ;)
    I love your KanColle cosplay! The makeup is on point too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you, and you're right!:) Thank you so much!!

      Delete